Hope is definitely not the same thing as optimism. It is not the conviction that something will turn out well, but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out.
Offering Hope When It Matters Most
HOPE Palliative Home Health Care Program is a specialized program to assist with symptom management and pain control in patients with critical and terminal illnesses or conditions. This program is dedicated to improving quality of life while still receiving active treatment such as chemotherapy, radiation or dialysis from our palliative care team.
Palliative Home Health offers a support system of nurses, MSW, and therapists for the patient, family and caregivers during this time of need. Professional Home Health provides these services in our HOPE program.
HOPE is designed for patients facing critical or terminal illness such as
- Advanced stage cancer patients receiving chemotherapy/radiation
- Advanced stage heart disease
- Late stage Alzheimer’s disease
- Adult failure to thrive
- Late stage pulmonary disease
- End stage renal disease
HOPE Palliative Home Health directives:
- Enhance quality of life
- Help patients live as actively as possible
- Support the patient and family in healthcare decisions to continue life prolonging care
- Interdisciplinary approach to address the patient’s needs
- Provide comfort and relief of symptoms related to diagnosis or treatment
- Integrate the psychosocial, spiritual aspects of care while affirming life and the right to choose end of life care